This month I shall be mostly....
- illustrating an article for the very cool running magazine Like the Wind
- planning a sixteen-panel comic for an anger management consultant in London
- drafting page layouts for my new graphic novel on cycle camping. In 1897. In Ireland. Honestly, it's a brilliant funny story from a very different world.
- teaching myself to make animation, for a friend's music video. If I can learn to do this, who knowsin where it might go next? Exciting!
- starting to learn how to do graphic recording, which I shall attempt as a volunteer at an upcoming story-as-activism training meeting.
- developing characters for a picture book I will illustrate, being written by a child as a Ministry of Stories project in collaboration with Penguin Random House.
Updated February 2016. Inspired by Derek Sivers' nownownow.com.
Comics may be found here as they appear,
Below are things that have come off the list because they are now finished (in reverse chronological order)
- designing logo for a community organisation
- finalising my one-page contribution for a project called #drawthelinecomics, with over one hundred positive political actions people can take in these difficult times.
- #inktober - drawing a new graphic recipe every day
- planning and making a comic window display for shop in Kendal Art Trail
- finishing a 40-page choose-your-own-direction gamecomic called Just a Normal Day, based on self-employed life with small kids
- planning and drafting a mural for a new restaurant in Brighton
- finishing a mini trial version of a science puzzle comic called Up, Down or Stay the Same
drawing four-page comic for a Shakespeare themed competition
painting magnetic signs for an organic farm's delivery van
drawing an electric bike making short work of a big hill for a bike shop
illustrating a running article for Like the Wind magazine
- making a comic-style flyer for local cycling cafe
designing a logo for a Robot Wars team's t-shirts
- illustrating a graphic for a family lawyer to demonstrate her innovative working approach
- creating a logo/poster for a string band in Cumbria
- drawing/hand-lettering a poster for a basket-making course
doing Hourly Comic Day: drawing every hour awake on 1 February
#inktober 2015 see blog for more...