This month I shall be mostly....
- taking the very very rough draft of Two Shillings per Day graphic novel and drafting it properly, with final artwork in mind
- drawing two page comic for an anger management consultant's brochure
- drawing more Quick Sketch Vegan Recipes to produce as booklet and cards
- teaching myself to make animation, for a friend's music video. If I can learn to do this, who knows where it might go next? Exciting!
June 2017. Inspired by Derek Sivers' nownownow.com.
Comics may be found here as they appear, rather sporadically...
And here are things that have come off the list because they are finished! In reverse chronological order
- drafting page layouts for my new graphic novel on cycle camping. In 1897. In Ireland. Honestly, it's a brilliant funny story from a very different world.
- illustrating a picture book for a Ministry of Stories project in collaboration with Penguin Random House.
- designing business card for Rocket Girl Coaching
- trying graphic facilitation, as a volunteer at a story-as-activism training meeting.
- illustrating an article for the very cool running magazine Like the Wind
- designing logo for a community energy and transport project
- finalising my one-page contribution for a project called #drawthelinecomics, with over one hundred positive political actions people can take in these difficult times.
- #inktober - drawing a new graphic recipe every day
- planning and making a comic window display for shop in Kendal Art Trail
- finishing a 40-page choose-your-own-direction gamecomic called Just a Normal Day, based on self-employed life with small kids
- planning and drafting a mural for a new restaurant in Brighton
- finishing a mini trial version of a science puzzle comic called Up, Down or Stay the Same
drawing four-page comic for a Shakespeare themed competition
painting magnetic signs for an organic farm's delivery van
drawing an electric bike making short work of a big hill for a bike shop
illustrating a running article for Like the Wind magazine
- making a comic-style flyer for local cycling cafe
designing a logo for a Robot Wars team's t-shirts
- illustrating a graphic for a family lawyer to demonstrate her innovative working approach
- creating a logo/poster for a string band in Cumbria
- drawing/hand-lettering a poster for a basket-making course
doing Hourly Comic Day: drawing every hour awake on 1 February