This month I shall be mostly....
- drafting and penciling more pages of Two Shillings per Day graphic novel
- starting work on illustrations for exciting new language-learning book
- developing lots more vegan graphic recipes
And also playing lots of old-time fiddle and banjo, and playing with my ceilidh band.
updated July 2019. Inspired by Derek Sivers' nownownow.coum.
Comics may be found here as they appear, rather sporadically...
And here are things that have come off the list because they are finished! In reverse chronological order
- finishing infographic for University of Sussex sociology dept conference report
- preparing for Lakes International Comics Arts Festival in Kendal
- making comic display for shop windows art trail in Kendal
- creating infographic for plastic reduction campaign by Zero Waste Europe
- starting to write a paper I'm giving at the International Graphic Novel and Comics Conference in June 2018
- planning illustration for Flourish charity end-of-project event
- researching and planning a comic for All is Not Well, a Cardiff University project developing a series of graphic narratives about care and caregivers.
- painting a Christmas present illustration commission.
- creating a window display for the comics trail at the Lakes International Comic Arts Festival in Kendal -- where I will also have an exhibitor's table this year for the first time!
- drawing one day in a person's life in six panels, commissioned by his friends for his 60th birthday
- drafting page layouts for my new graphic novel on cycle camping. In 1897. In Ireland. Honestly, it's a brilliant funny story from a very different world.
- illustrating a picture book for a Ministry of Stories project in collaboration with Penguin Random House.
- designing business card for Rocket Girl Coaching
- trying graphic recording, as a volunteer at a story-as-activism training meeting.
- illustrating an article for the very cool running magazine Like the Wind
- designing logo for a community energy and transport project
- finalising my one-page contribution for a project called #drawthelinecomics, with over one hundred positive political actions people can take in these difficult times.
- #inktober - drawing a new graphic recipe every day
- planning and making a comic window display for shop in Kendal Art Trail
- finishing a 40-page choose-your-own-direction gamecomic called Just a Normal Day, based on self-employed life with small kids
- planning and drafting a mural for a new restaurant in Brighton
- finishing a mini trial version of a science puzzle comic called Up, Down or Stay the Same
drawing four-page comic for a Shakespeare themed competition
painting magnetic signs for an organic farm's delivery van
drawing an electric bike making short work of a big hill for a bike shop
illustrating a running article for Like the Wind magazine
- making a comic-style flyer for local cycling cafe
designing a logo for a Robot Wars team's t-shirts
- illustrating a graphic for a family lawyer to demonstrate her innovative working approach
- creating a logo/poster for a string band in Cumbria
- drawing/hand-lettering a poster for a basket-making course
doing Hourly Comic Day: drawing every hour awake on 1 February