This month I shall be mostly....
- drawing final artwork for Two Shillings a Day graphic novel, in ink and watercolour!
- drafting a poster to explain guidelines for trauma-informed social work initial assessments
- illustrating concepts for a kids' pdf connected with The Carbon Almanac
And in life beyond work:
Playing fiddle again with friends and at little folk festivals!
Still trying to remember to get out of the house for a half-hour walk at least some days.
April 2022. Inspired by Derek Sivers' nownownow.com.
Comics may be found here as they appear, rather sporadically...
And here are things that have come off the list because they are finished! In reverse chronological order
- making a comic-style illustration telling the remarkable story of an innovative and successful initiative by social workers, for East Sussex County Council.
- taking part in the ensemble of a musical theatre production of Hello Dolly!
- illustrating a section of The Carbon Almanac, to be published June 2022.
- illustrating a sociology study report for the University of Sussex
- illustrating 28 symbolic images to do with all sorts of aspects of social-emotional learning for a blog and website
- illustrating a book of humorous stories
- finishing illustrations for an environmental science-themed language learning book
- developing Sketchy Vegan Cooking into a new, second format for the US market.
- drafting and finalising more vegan graphic recipes for publication spring 2021.
-illustrating a language-learning book for Japanese schools
- infographic for Sussex Uni on children in care / higher education
- finishing infographic for University of Sussex sociology dept conference report
- preparing for Lakes International Comics Arts Festival in Kendal
- making comic display for shop windows art trail in Kendal
- creating infographic for plastic reduction campaign by Zero Waste Europe
- starting to write a paper I'm giving at the International Graphic Novel and Comics Conference in June 2018
- planning illustration for Flourish charity end-of-project event
- researching and planning a comic for All is Not Well, a Cardiff University project developing a series of graphic narratives about care and caregivers.
- watercolouring a Christmas present illustration commission.
- creating a window display for the comics trail at the Lakes International Comic Arts Festival in Kendal -- where I will also have an exhibitor's table this year for the first time!
- drawing one day in a person's life in six panels, commissioned by his friends for his 60th birthday
- drafting page layouts for my new graphic novel on cycle camping. In 1897. In Ireland. Honestly, it's a brilliant funny story from a very different world.
- illustrating a picture book for a Ministry of Stories project in collaboration with Penguin Random House.
- designing business card for Rocket Girl Coaching
- trying graphic recording, as a volunteer at a story-as-activism training meeting.
- illustrating an article for the very cool running magazine Like the Wind
- designing logo for a community energy and transport project
- finalising my one-page contribution for a project called #drawthelinecomics, with over one hundred positive political actions people can take in these difficult times.
- #inktober - drawing a new graphic recipe every day
- planning and making a comic window display for shop in Kendal Art Trail
- finishing a 40-page choose-your-own-direction gamecomic called Just a Normal Day, based on self-employed life with small kids
- planning and drafting a mural for a new restaurant in Brighton
- finishing a mini trial version of a science puzzle comic called Up, Down or Stay the Same
drawing four-page comic for a Shakespeare themed competition
painting magnetic signs for an organic farm's delivery van
drawing an electric bike making short work of a big hill for a bike shop
illustrating a running article for Like the Wind magazine
- making a comic-style flyer for local cycling cafe
designing a logo for a Robot Wars team's t-shirts
- illustrating a graphic for a family lawyer to demonstrate her innovative working approach
- creating a logo/poster for a string band in Cumbria
- drawing/hand-lettering a poster for a basket-making course
- doing Hourly Comic Day: drawing every hour awake on 1 February